More Choices Now
With more than fourteen years of private practice as a Licensed Psychotherapist, Dorothy is skilled at providing a safe place where you can update patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. Prior to this, she worked as a corporate trainer for fifteen years and as an on-line "practitioner" faculty at the University of Phoenix and Davenport University. Dorothy supports several Employee Assistance Programs.
To keep balance in her life, Dorothy practices yoga and mindfulness meditation. An active member of the Friends of Matanzas Pass Preserve, she facilitates the Earth Ed children's programs for third and fourth graders. Currently Dorothy is a board member of the SW Florida Music Foundation and is proud to support music opportunities for children. She is a classically trained singer and an avid bicyclist.
Dorothy and her husband, Jim, are Florida Master Naturalists. Their training led them to a passion for photographing native wild flowers, hence the flowers images seen here at More Choices Now.
Dorothy qualifications and education include:
- Certified Practitioner in The Virtual Gastric Band Procedure, 2015
- Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, 2013
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), 2012
- Certified Practitioner in Clinical Hypnosis
with Rapid Trauma Resolution, 2010
- MS Adult Education, Florida International University, 1999
- MS MFT, St.Thomas University, 1999
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), 2003 - License #MT 1990
Organizations Dorothy Supports
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
Florida Native Plant Society
Friends of Matanzas Pass Preserve
SW Florida Music Foundation
Give an Hour
Institute for Survivors of Sexual Violence
Copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved by Licensed Psychotherapist, Dorothy Rodwell, and More Choices Now
15971 McGregor Blvd Fort Myers, Florida 33908